About the partnership
Welcome to the Beacon Partnership
The Beacon Community Regeneration Partnership is a resident-led charity in Falmouth, Cornwall. It is made up of the following members:
- Penwerris Tenants and Residents Association
- Old Hill Community Association
- Laburnum Close Tenants and Residents Association
- Oakfield, Acacia, and Trescobeas Tenants and Residents Association
- Lambs Lane and Ashfield Members Association
- Falmouth Primary School
- Cornwall Council
- Carrick Housing Ltd
- Falmouth Youth Club (The Dracaena Centre)
- Devon and Cornwall Police
- Cornwall PCT
The partnership began in 1996 to regenerate the Penwerris and Old Hill area of Falmouth.
Having successfully undertaken many projects to invest in the neighbourhood and community, the partnership expanded to cover the neighbouring communities of Laburnum and Trescobeas.
Today the partnership offers free advice, training and activities to all residents in the area.
It also has its own Garden and Handyman Service, (Beacon Enterprise Ltd) This team was set up to give local people a good value service and to train local youths in the skills required to carry out the work.
It began with grant funding from the European Union and the Big Lottery. The money raised by the Beacon Enterprise is re-invested into the Partnership for use on and around the estate.